- 2 1/4
- cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- cups sugar
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4
- cups buttermilk
- teaspoon vanilla
- oz dark or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- oz dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9- or 10-inch fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add peanut butter and 3/4 cup of the buttermilk. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, scraping bowl as needed.
- 3 In separate bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk with the eggs and vanilla. Add to peanut butter mixture in 3 additions, mixing after each.
- 4 Scoop out approximately 1 cup of the peanut butter cake batter into medium bowl. Add melted chocolate; mix until combined.
- 5 Spoon one-third of the peanut butter cake batter into cake pan. Spoon the chocolate-peanut butter cake batter on top, and then top with the remaining peanut butter cake batter. Use a knife to gently swirl batters together.
- 6 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 7 To make glaze, place chocolate in small bowl. Microwave cream in small microwavable bowl uncovered on High just until hot, then pour over the chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake; let stand 20 minutes to set.