- box Betty Crocker™ yellow cake mix
- cup water
- cup creamy peanut butter
- cup butter, softened
- cup chocolate-flavor syrup
- tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- to 3 tablespoons milk
- cup powdered sugar
- tablespoons chocolate-flavor syrup
- miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped, cut in half
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans with shortening; sprinkle with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
- 2 Remove 1/2 cup of the batter to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate syrup to make chocolate fudge batter.
- 3 Spread half of the peanut butter batter evenly in loaf pans (one-fourth of batter in each pan). Spoon chocolate fudge batter onto center of peanut butter batter in pans. Spoon and spread remaining peanut butter batter evenly over pans. Swirl with knife in circular motion.
- 4 Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans. Carefully turn pans upside down onto cooling rack to remove cakes. Cool 1 hour.
- 5 In medium bowl, beat 3 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 tablespoons milk with whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar; mix until smooth. If necessary, gradually add additional 1 tablespoon milk until glaze is desired consistency. Divide glaze between 2 small bowls. In 1 bowl, stir in 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup until well blended. Drizzle peanut butter and chocolate glazes over cakes; sprinkle peanut butter cups over tops of cakes.