Every person can become a gardener if they put a minimal effort. You can start for example with growing tomatoes, basil, peppers, spinach, strawberries, kale, mesclun, chard.
You should start growing your own food and enjoy in its rewards. The list below will probably help you a lot.
TREE FRUITS – INCLUDING APPLES
Espaliering is: growing apples in a container, whether it is on the balcony or other small space.
Citrus trees are especially good for beginning gardeners, because they are easy to grow inside.
- Dwarf oranges
- Meyer lemons
Almost all herbs grow well indoors.
You can grow
THE REAL SURPRISES
- Aloe Vera
- Tea (herbal one)
- Hops (ingredient in beer is easy to grow)
- Hot peppers
- Sweet peppers
- Summer squash
- Other squashes, such as pumpkin and acorn
- Small cantaloupe
- Golden midget watermelon
- Jenny lind melon (an heirloom cantaloupe)
- Mustard greens
- Mesclun greens
- Lettuces (from micro-greens to head or loose-leaf)
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
OTHER HEALTHY-SOUNDING STUFF
- More sprouts: lentil sprouts and mung bean
- Sugar snap peas
- Pole beans
- Jerusalem artichoke
- Asparagus (despite some disagreements and statements that it does not do well in a container. You should try if you are willing to risk)