- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons baking powder
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 5tablespoons unsalted butter (cut back on salt if you only have salted butter)
- 3⁄4-1cup milk (can be whole or skim)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
- 2. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Transfer to a food processor along with the butter, cut into small pieces. Pulse 5-6 times until just blended.
- 3. Return flour mixture to bowl, and add 3/4 cup milk. Stir until dough can easily be formed into a ball. If mixture is too dry, slowly add up to 1/4 cup more milk until proper consistency is reached.
- 4. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- 5. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Put the dough directly on the baking sheet and use hands to press into a rectangle approximately 1 inch thick. Cut dough into biscuit shapes using a floured glass or biscuit cutter.
- 6. Organize biscuits on pan so that sides are touching. Bake 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown. Watch carefully to avoid burning bottoms.
Now all you need is to take them off and plate them and pour over a delicious helping of sausage gravy and you have the makings of a fine meal! Find out more on how to make our 5 Ingredient Sausage Gravy here and let us know what you think!